Beaumont Independent School District – Beaumont, TX (2012 to Present)
- Routinely inventory bus emergency and first aid supplies and equipment, report needs to the Director, or delegated staff person.
- Operate bus in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed; report any traffic violations to the Director immediately.
- Complete a comprehensive written inspection of the bus daily.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of children and adults being transported to and from the program and on field trips.
- Develop and follow efficient and safe written bus routes that ensures no child will be on the bus more than one hour.
- Ensure that the school bus is in good operating condition at all times.
- Pick up and drop off children along scheduled routes.
- Take attendance on the school bus.
Birnie Bus Services – Jacksonville, FL (1997 to 2012)
- Transported children to and from stops efficiently and safely.
- Ensured that behavioral issues do not compromise the safety of any child on the bus.
- Visually observe the health of each child on the bus.
- Performed daily visual safety check of bus.
- Kept interior clean, reported needed repairs & recorded mileage.
- Maintained order and security on the bus and obeyed all laws, regulations and rules of conduct.
- Communicated effectively with residents and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner, which includes receiving complaints or handling upset individuals in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Handled complex situations that required patience and to remain calm.
Nutmeg Home Design – Bethel, CT (1987to 1997)
- Implemented positive atmosphere for students resulting in good relations with students, parents and managerial staff
- Transferred students safely to and from school.
- Helped handicapped kids by becoming wheel chair lift certified.
- Inspected bus prior to each departure.
- Ensured that the customer service experience was welcoming, courteous, and responsive.
- Performed general vehicle maintenance to ensure the safety of all passengers.
- Prepared trip and expense reports as required by administration at the end of each shift.
Diploma – Casto Seminars for School Bus Drivers – Orange, CA