Advanced Measurement Technology Inc. – Oak Ridge, TN (August 2006 to April 2014)
- Manufacture of germanium radiation detector systems and associated electronic components.
- Operate and maintain lithium evaporators for coating germanium detectors.
- Sand, lap, clean and etch germanium material.
- Perform preventative maintenance on evaporators and vacuum equipment.
- Maximizing and scheduling of material through the production process.
- Perform research and development process in coordination with engineering dept
- Executed DOEs, validation builds, and engineering test protocols for technical transfer processes.
- Maintain accurate data entry logs and quality control records.
- Proficient in using multi able types of standard travelers and ELHR.
- Extensive knowledge performing ‘proof of concept’ testing and destructive testing, using predetermined min and max control limits.
- A strong understanding of general safety rules, GMPs, FDA / European agencies, and manufacturing procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all laboratory equipment remain within there set preventative maintenance /calibration frequencies and do not fall out of tolerance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Bio-Hazard lab was always maintained and in a ‘ready’ state for clinical tours.
- Operate machinery, dispose of hazardous materials, and interact with LabView based software systems used to control equipment / processes.
Texas Vet Lab, Inc – San Angelo, TX (October 2001 to July 2006)
- Perform cell and virus production using roller bottles and tissue culture flasks.
- Identify common bovine bacteria using agar plates, indole and oxidase tests, and anti-sera.
- Perform fast time PCR to diagnose bovine virus from cell cultures isolated from infected cow organs.
- Extract DNA and RNA from cell cultures to perform PCR, RFLP and run electrophoresis gels.
- Blend and fill viral vaccines for freeze drying.
- Perform serum neutralizations on bovine serum to determine efficacy and potency of vaccines.
- Conduct post vaccine production tests to determine vaccine is viable per USDA codes. This includes bacteria and mycoplasma sterility, potency, and percent moisture content.
- Write and update SOPs, Batch Records, and forms needed in production.
- Obtain white blood cell counts from whole blood samples using a Hemavet.
- Determine TCID50 of virus.
- Process blood and nasal swabs during efficacy challenges.
- Perform ELISA testing for BVD virus.
Intel (Protingent) – Hillsboro, OR (March 1996 to May 2001)
- Responsible for the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting of lab computer systems (Servers) and network devices used in testing of wired networking products.
- Exercised competence and hands-on experience in multiple operating systems and architecture based computers.
- System builds, OS imaging, hardware, and software troubleshooting, basic networking, and upgrades for various desktop, workstation, and server platforms.
- Assisted in various lab support activities, including light furniture moves, cable management, and safety audits.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in computer tech support, including hardware troubleshooting.
- Advanced Microsoft OS installation and debugging skills, including networking and TCP/IP.
- Linux / Unix installation and troubleshooting; problem solving.
- Quickly adapted to changing priorities.
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Sports Studies – Eastern Illinois University – Charleston, IL