Dr. Robert Sears pediatric dentistry and Orthodontics – Herndon, VA (December 2004 to Present)
- Assist the Doctor with all clinical, restorative, and orthodontic treatments as well as sedation and surgical procedures.
- Efficiently utilize four handed dentistry techniques of instrument exchange, oral evacuation, tissue retraction, and materials preparation.
- Skillful use of hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Trained in assisting the Doctor with the initial bonding and removal of braces and other orthodontic appliances.
- Responsible for taking impressions and bite registrations as well as pouring and trimming plaster models for labs or presentation.
- Able to perform routine maintenance of braces including changing arch wires, elastic ligatures and power chains, placing of open and closed coils, etc.
- Responsible for properly placing separators, and fitting and cementing bands.
- Trained in taking digital panoramic and ceph x-rays.
- Proficiency in accurately charting patient’s treatment and progress.
- Accountable for educating patients on oral hygiene and appliance care to motivate patients in order to achieve the best results from orthodontic treatment.
- Scheduled patient appointments, collected payments and submitted for dental claims.
Presentation of Treatment Plans, Financial Contracts and Payment Options (February 1994 to December 2004)
- Presentation of treatment plans, financial contracts and payment options
- Managed flow of practice through efficient scheduling
- Provided Oral Hygiene instructions, education of care and maintenance of braces
- Took orthodontic records, x-rays, impressions, intraoral and extraoral photos
- Experience with Invisalign
- Managed inventory and procurement of clinical supplies
- Responsible for intraoral photographic records
- Prepped patients and assisted doctor for bonding and banding procedures, gingival recontouring, TAD placement and teeth exposure
- Removed, adjusted and inserted arch wires, appliances and retainers
- In charge of OSHA protocols and training
Dr. John P. Burke DMD – Londonderry, NH (January 1990 to January 1994)
- Debanding of braces and bands, removal of cement, impressions of retainers, photo’s
- Responsible for full diagnostic records including digital panoramic and cephalometric, photo’s for diagnostic with dolphin software, impression for study models
- Sterilization of chairs and instruments
- Welcomed all new patient with a tour of the office and staff introduction
- Filled in at the front office scheduling appointments, answering phone as well as additional tasks on the OPMS computer system
- Head of maintaining OSHA protocols and training.
- Educated patients on oral health.
- Proficient taking impressions, wax bites, pouring models and making retainers
Office Management Certificate – Concorde Career Institute – Kansas City, MO
General Studies Certificate- Maple Woods Community College – Liberty, MO
Ceritifated in CPR , X-Ray , Mass, New Hampshire – Boston University