Seminole County Probation – Sanford, FL (January 2004 to Present)
- Investigate violations of probation and prepare reports while supervising misdemeanor adult offenders.
- Build rapport with law enforcement agencies and community resources.
- Testify in court and make appropriate recommendations.
- Investigate criminal allegations and prepare Pre Sentencing Investigation and Dispositional reports, while supervising juveniles and adult offenders.
- Recommend appropriate consequences and rehabilitation plans for offenders.
- Prepare Intake Reports for the Probation Officer.
- Interview Spanish and English Speaking Offenders.
- Interpret English and Spanish when and where needed.
- Interact with Local, State, and Nationwide Agency’s regarding confidential information.
- Attend trainings to enhancing skills.
Judicial Correction Services/ Court Programs – Biloxi, MS (July 1994 to June 2004)
- Supervised case load of over 300 adult and juvenile defendants.
- Ensured compliance with conditions of probation ordered by the court.
- Held regular appointments with defendants and checked progress.
- Monitored defendants progress of completion for mandatory court ordered programs.
- Performed drug testing.
- Performed GPS ankle monitoring.
- Contacted defendants who missed their report date.
- Prepared and administered paperwork for each defendant.
- Prepared and administered paperwork for a violation of probation.
- Presented reports and recommendations on defendants to the court.
- Prepared files and evidence for court.
- Collected court fines, restitution, and supervision fees.
- Prepare Investigative Reports for the Court.
State of Michigan, Department of Corrections – Troy, MI (November 1984 to June 1994)
- Case management of approximately 100 adult offenders within the community in accordance with the department of correction’s policies and procedures.
- Obtained and documenting the receipt of monthly verifications from offenders various program attendance (ie. substance abuse treatment, mental health treatment).
- Prepared of Pre-Sentence Investigation Reports for court submission, which details a defendant’s criminal background and demographical information.
- Completed of Court documents in a timely manner, such as Bench Warrants and Motions.
- Ongoing rapport building with local law enforcement agencies, circuit court staff, and district court staff.
- Conducted criminal background investigations via the Law Enforcement information network (LEIN).
- Acted as court liaison while conducting violation of probation hearings.
- Created and updated records in the Offender Management Information Network (OMNI), to ensure the accuracy of probation records.
- Completed annual training requirements.
- Mentored new employees.
Masters of Science in Educational counseling – University of La Verne – La Verne, CA
Bachelor of Science in Family & Consumer Science – California State University